All applicants are responsible for obtaining their own passport and visa

    Visa/Passport Information
    CSA provides you with your “confirmation” (Letter of Admission) which you will need to obtain Visa’s for France, Spain, or Italy if staying 90 days or longer. If staying less than 90 days, U.S. citizens will not need a Visa. Non-U.S. citizens will need to check the entry requirements with the nearest country Consulate. Passports are required for all entries.

    Visa’s are required for any entry into China, Vietnam, and Russia. Again, CSA will provide you with your “confirmation” (Letter of Admission) which you will need to show when applying for your Visa at the nearest Consulate.

    If you are going to Spain, France, or Italy for a Semester or longer (more than 90 days) then you will need a Visa. Less than 90 days, and you do not need a Visa if you are a U.S. citizen. Non-U.S. citizens will need to check the entry requirements with the nearest Consulate. Please allow 45- 60 days to obtain a “student Visa” from the nearest Consulate. CSA will send you the “Letter of Admission” with your confirmations, which you will need to apply for your student Visa. Many of the Consulates also want to know if you have paid-in-full for the program before you are given a Visa. Do not wait to the last minute to apply, for it takes a longer time now due to increased security issues.

    A “Visa” is a stamp of approval usually put inside your Passport. A Visa gives you permission to enter the country for the length of time permitted. You will first need a valid Passport in order to apply for a Visa, so make sure you have a valid Passport before applying for a Visa. Also, contact the nearest Consulate of the country you are going to, and obtain the Visa application documents.

    In the case of Vietnam and Russia, the “Visa admission documents” are sent directly from the staff overseas to the Consulate where you will apply for your visa. Thus, you will need to inform CSA exactly which Consulate or agency you will apply for your visa. We will need the Consulate address, phone and fax #. Again, this is only for the Vietnam and Russia programs. Everyone will need a visa for these countries.

    If you are short on time you may want to use a “Visa Agency” in obtaining your Visa for you. Use express mail. These agencies can obtain Visa’s quickly if you provide all the documents.

    Travel Documents

    Visa Agency (help get visa)

    U.S. Passport Service

    U.K. Visas

    Campus France

    Schengen Visa Info

    EMBASSIES (Consulates)

    U.S. Embassies and Consulates Worldwide

    Australian Embassy

    Austria Embassy

    Brazil Embassy

    Chile Embassy

    China Embassy

    Czech Republic Embassy

    France Embassy

    Germany Embassy

    Italy Embassy

    Japan Embassy

    New Zealand Embassy

    Russian Embassy

    Singapore Embassy

    Spain Embassy

    Thailand Embassy

    United Kingdom Embassy

    Vietnam Embassy

    Note: See additional useful web-Links in other sections.

    Important Note: Some Embassies (Consulates) are requiring students to show proof of program payment in full (receipt letter from CSA) before issuing a Visa. This is due to the fact that some Visa applicants are not actually attending the program, but rather using the visa to enter the country and do other things. Thus, keep in mind that when applying for a Visa, the Embassy (Consulate) may require you to have paid for the program in full before getting your Visa. This policy helps to reduce applicants from abusing the system.