Summer in Bangkok – Thammasat University
Summer at Thammasat University
Thai Studies – Taught in English
Minimum age 17 yrs – Register Early
5 Weeks: June – August: $3495 USD
Tuition, Study Trips, & Activities Included
Thammasat University is the second oldest university in Thailand. The Thai Studies program is conducted at the Pridi Banomyong Campus. Courses are in English, and emphasize current issues, interaction among instructors and field trips. Thai language classes are designed to equip students with the necessary skills in Thai communication. Overall, it is a interdisciplinary program designed for students interested in Thai culture, language, and its historical and contemporary issues. Minimum age is 17 yrs.
SUMMER COURSES – Taught in English
- 223 Society and Culture of Thailand (3 credits)
- 353 Buddhism in Thailand (3 credits)
This program combines two regular courses taught in English. Thai Society and Culture is investigated in diverse aspects using case studies by Thai and international academics, emphasizing analytical and critical approaches. Buddhism in Thailand uses a similar approach in looking into Buddhist institutions in Thailand such as sects, organizations of Buddhists, practices as well as functions and roles of various Thai religious institutions.
Workshops: Thai Dance, Thai Cuisine, Thai Massage, Thai Traditional Medicine
Study trips (excursions) are included in program fee.
See the “Academic Credit” section of the main menu – CSA website.
Activities – Included
Organized field trips within Bangkok, and other locations such as Ayuddhaya, Grand Palace, Old Bangkkok and Chiang Mai. Included in Summer Session. Other activities include learning Thai Cuisine, Thai Dance, and Thai Massage.
Housing cost is not included (extra) and available at nearby campus type residence (dormitory), such as the Amarin Mansion (see Link) in “Other Housing Options” at bottom of Thailand Homepage. Cost varies by room: $750 – $950 USD per 5 weeks. Can pay there at check-in.
Can ask CSA to book your housing, or you can book online using the housing web-Links provided.
Can also arrange other types of housing if you prefer (directly).
* Thai Culture Courses – Taught in English
SUMMER SESSION: 5 weeks (English)
|5 Weeks||June (mid) – August (early)||$3495 USD|
2019 Dates: June 21st – August 5th, 2019
2020 Dates: June 19th – August 3rd, 2020
2021 Dates: June 18th – August 2nd, 2021
* Tuition, Study Trips (excursions) & Support Services Included
* Housing, meals, airfare, personal expenses, and transportation to / from airport Not Included.
* Airport pick-up is available for about $65 USD. Request in advance, and pay there.
* June 21st – Arrival Orientation (9:00 am)
* June 24th – 28th: Thai Language Courses (Beginner)
* July 1st – 3rd: Buddhism Course (morning) + Thai Society & Culture (afternoon)
* July 4th – 5th: Study trip to Grand Palace and Bangkok Heritage River Trip
* July 8th – 10th: Buddhism Course (morning) + Thai Society & Culture (Afternoon)
* July 11th – Study trip to Ayutthaya
* July 16th – 17th: Thailand’s Official Holidays (Arsarnha Bucha Day & Buddhist Lent Day)
* July18th – 19th: Buddhism Course (morning + Thai Society & Culture (afternoon)
* July 20th – 21st: Study trip to Amphawa
* July 23rd: Buddhism Course (morning) + Thai Society & Culture (afternoon)
* July 24th – 27th: Study trip to Chiang Mai & Chian Rai)
* July 28th – 29th; Thailand Official Holidays (King’s Birthday & Substitution Day)
* July 30th – 31st; Buddhism Course (morning) + Thai Society & Culture (afternoon)
* August 1st – 2nd: Buddhism Course (morning) + Thai Society & Culture (afternoon)
* August 5th: Final Exam
* Similar schedule for Summer 2020
Arrive 1 – 2 days prior start date to get settled. Airport pick-up is available (airport transfer: back/forth) for an added cost of $65. Let us know in advance. No visa required.
Minimum age is 17 yrs. After April 25th, ask CSA about space availability.
Register Now - to get started.