Summer at University of Roehampton (London)
Study at University of Roehampton
Summer Academic Program: 3 or 6 wks
Earn College Credit: 20 – 40 UK credits
Open to All Students – Min age 18 yrs
All Inclusive: Tuition, Housing, Activities
3 wks: $3995 / 6 wks: $6595 USD
Summer school at the University of Roehampton in London. Academic program that runs for 3 or 6 weeks, and you can earn up to 40 UK credits (transfer back to your home school) towards your major or minor. A diverse and stimulating selection of courses, developed by world-class academics, offering a variety of modules. Take one module (course) per 3 week session, a total of 2 for 6 weeks. All students live on campus in a student residence that are single study bedrooms with internet connection and shared kitchen facilities. Meals are self-catering, or you can buy at campus cafes and diners. Program includes an active social program, whereby you easily meet other summer students and participate together in group activities and go on local field trips in London. State of the art campus facilities, including a well stocked library, media suites, newsrooms and language labs, as well as access to the RoeActive Gym for a small fee. Dedicated staff at Roehampton will support you through your time there, and you will also have access to other campus support, such as counseling. Early registration advised, prior April 1st.
London. Program (campus) very close to central London.
- 3 weeks, or 6 weeks
- Academic Modules Offered.
- Select one module per session.
- Earn 20 – 40 UK academic credits.
Academic Session 1:
- The Psychology of Murder (Psychology)
- Hidden London (English and Creative Writing)
- Gods and Heroes of Classical Mythology (Humanities)
- Modern Greece: Language and Culture (Humanities)
- Media City and Cultural Capital (media, Culture & Language)
- Two Children – Options & Decisions in English Education (Education)
- Shakespeare and the London State (Drama, Theatre & Performance)
Academic Session 2:
- Londonopolis – Exploring the Global City (Social Sciences)
- Introduction of the London Stage (Drama, Theatre & Performance)
- The Psychology of Art Madness, Creativity, and Healing (Psychology)
- Magic, Murder, & Mystery in London Literature (English & Creative Writing)
- Renaissance to Abstraction: The History of Art in London Museums (Humanities)
Course details available with confirmation documents.
Note: Courses will run subject to minimum numbers of enrollments.
Earn 20 – 40 UK credits, 10 – 20 ECTS credits, or 6 – 12 USA credits.
Housing is provided to all summer students in a campus residence. Rooms are single occupancy study bedrooms (fully furnished)
with internet connection and shared kitchen facilities. Meals are self-catering, and there are plenty of cafes and diners on campus and local area.
Social activities (program) includes:
- Field trips in London
- Evening events in and around London
- Shows in London’s West End
- Day trips to cultural & historic sights (York, Stonehenge, Oxford)
Note: Detailed schedule provided at orientation. Subject to changes.
Note: Staff there will provide support and accompany students.
Dates & Fees
3 weeks, or 6 weeks
Orientation given on campus
2020 SESSION 1:
Arrival Day: June 4th
Classes Begin: June 8th
Classes End: June 25th
Departure Day: June 27th
2020 SESSION 2:
Arrival Day: June 25th
Classes Begin: June 29th
Classes End: July 16th
Departure Day: July 18th
2021 SESSION 1:
Arrival Day: June 3rd
Classes Begin: June 7th
Classes End: June 24th
Departure Day: June 26th
2021 SESSION 2:
Arrival Day: June 24th
Classes Begin: June 28th
Classes End: July 15th
Departure Day: July 17th
Deadline: Register prior to April 1st.
If past April 1st, space may still be available, just ask us.
Fees: All Inclusive
Includes tuition, housing, and social program (activities).
|Session 1||$3995 USD|
|Session 2||$3995 USD|
|Session 1&2||$6595 USD|
2022 Dates & Fees will be similar to 2021.
Be 18 yrs of age, or older
- Have finished high school, or equivalent
- Have a minimum 2.8 GPA or equivalent
- Will be asked to submit a recent transcript
- Will be asked to write a personal statement
- Submit 3 module choices per session
Register prior to April 1st, for best chance of admission.
If past April 1st, space may be available, just ask us.
Open to students worldwide !
University of Roehampton offers a free airport pick-up service for summer students arriving at Heathrow Airport on Arrival Day. Email us your flight arrival details to schedule pick-up.
Register Now – to get started.