Summer at University of Leeds
Study at University of Leeds
Academic Summer – 4 Weeks
Earn College Credit – 20 UK
Open to All Students 18 yrs +
All Inclusive – $4995 USD
Summer school at the University of Leeds. Academic program that runs for 4 weeks, and you can earn 20 UK credits, 10 ECTS credits, or 6 USA credits to transfer back home towards your major or minor. A diverse selection of academic courses (modules), whereby you choose two modules for the 4 weeks. Housing is in a campus residence hall where you have your own room and shared kitchen, dining facility with other summer students, allowing you to easily socialize and make new friends from around the world. Membership of the indoor sports fitness facilities is also available for use. Overall, come and experience the vibrant, student friendly city of Leeds and explore the rich history, culture and natural beauty of the area. Early registration is advised, prior to April 1st. Join us !
- 4 week session
- Academic modules (Courses)
- Select 2 modules per session
- Earn 20 UK / 10 ECTS / 6 USA credits
MODULES (Courses) – Select 2
- Building Britain: 1700 – 1840, Industrial Revolution or Evolution
- Philosophy of Mind and Ethics: Dilemmas & Thought Experiments
- Introduction to Special Effects in Filmmaking
- Comedy Performance and British Culture
- The English Country House; A Social History
- Management in Organizations: Theories, Techniques and Decision Making
- Business and Cultural Awareness: Bridging the Gap
Engineering & Computing
- Introduction to Robotics and Autonomous Systems
Politics & Social Sciences
- Wealth and Poverty; The Making of the Modern World
- he Path to Justice: Criminal Law and Legal Skills
- Natural Sciences: Global Challenges and Scientific Skills
Course details available with confirmation documents.
Note: Courses will run subject to minimum number of enrollments.
Earn 20 UK, 10 ECTS, or 6 USA academic credits.
Transcript (certificate) issued by University of Leeds.
Campus Residence: Charles Morris
Housing is provided in a campus residence for all students. A private room (single), with shared bathroom (same gender) and shared kitchen dining facilities. Breakfast and lunch are included from Monday to Friday. The shared kitchens have cooking facilities, but if you do not feel like cooking there are cafes and many catering outlets as well as restaurants nearby campus.
- Module Field Trips
- Weekend Excursions
- Social Program
- Sports Center Membership
Field trips may include: Castle Howard in York, the Bronte Parsonage in Haworth, and the cities of Manchester and Liverpool, as well as Whitby and the Yorkshire Dales.
Dates & Fees
Orientation given on campus
2020 Dates: July 4th – August 1st
Arrival July 4th (Saturday)
Depart August 1st (Saturday)
2021 Dates: July 3rd – 31st
Arrival July 3rd (Saturday)
Depart July 31st (Saturday)
Deadline: Register prior to April 1st.
If past April 1st, space may still be available, just ask us.
Fees: All Inclusive
Includes tuition, housing, activities, excursions, social program, and sports membership.
Not included: Flights, insurance, some meals (dinner), and visa (if needed).
|Session (4 wks)||$4995 USD|
2022 Session dates and price will be similar to 2021.
Be 18 yrs of age, or older
- Have finished high school, or equivalent
- Have a minimum 2.8 GPA or equivalent
- Will be asked to submit a recent transcript
- Will be asked to write a personal statement
- Submit 2 module choices for 4 week session
Register prior to April 1st, for best chance of admission.
If past April 1st, space may be available, just ask us.
Open to students worldwide !
Arrival check-in on start date (Saturday). Let contact person know if you will be late.
Also, if airport pick-up is desired, ask us in advance.
Register Now – to get started.