French Language in Antibes (Riviera)
Study French in Antibes, France
French Language & Culture: 20 / wk
Start Any Monday / Min Age 15
2 wks: $1495 / 4 wks: $1995 USD
Open to all Worldwide
Study French language and culture in Antibes, France. Small class size. Weekly or monthly. All levels offered. Placement test given upon arrival. Take 20 hrs per week. DELF courses also available. Open to all students and adults worldwide. Minimum age is 15. High quality housing provided nearby. Founded in 1985, over 5000 students worldwide attend every year, from beginners to advanced levels. Courses offered year-around. Earn academic credit. Early registration is advised, especially for the Summer sessions. Join us !
Antibes, France (Riviera)
Antibes /Juan-les-Pins is a prosperous, safe town that’s lively day and night, 6 miles from Cannes and 12 miles from Nice. Over 16 miles of beaches, and 300 days of sunshine a year, Antibes / Juan-les-Pins is like “Tropez”.
* Central location, the program is held at the “Le Chateau” (French provincial building) in peaceful setting overlooking Antibes port and surrounding bay. During the busy periods of April, June, and September, students may also stay at the “Le Port” school, when the Le Chateau is full. Overall, both locations are very nice and modern.
COURSES: 20 Lessons / Week (45 mins each)
* Can start on any Monday – except for absolute beginners
Regular Course: 20 hrs (morning lessons) per week (M-F).
All levels: beginners, intermediate, and advanced
Placement test given at arrival check-in
Small class size: 12 max per class
20 hrs of morning classes (M-F)
All levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced
Placement test given at arrival check-in
Small class sizes: 12 max (morning), 6 max (afternoon), per class.
* Again, you can start on any Monday, except absolute beginners (no previous lessons).
* Arrival check-ins are on Sunday. Orientation and test on Monday. Check-outs on Saturday.
This course is for beginners. Students cover the fundamentals of the French language, daily expressions, increased vocabulary, grammar and phonetics, and various course exercises that build confidence in using basic French. The material covered is in preparation for the DELF A1 and A2 units. Class materials also introduce French Cultural subjects. Homework is assigned daily.
This level is for high beginners, or elementary levels. Students continue to improve their grammatical and vocabulary knowledge, learn how to express feelings and opinions, work on texts using more complex sentence structures, as well as learn some of the cultural habits of French society. Pronunciation is regularly corrected. This course prepares students for the DELF 1st degree. Homework is assigned daily.
Intermediate level students take this course. Students improve their ability to formulate and debate on actual subjects, social issues, etc. Class utilizes materials from the media to initiate discussions and role playing. Vocabulary and grammatical abilities are enhanced as well as phonetics and pronunciation. This course prepares students for the DELF 2nd degree. Homework is assigned daily.
Advanced level students take this course. Students perfect their written and oral skills, utilizing stylistic aspects and technical expressions. More complex debates and discussions help students become more fluent and confident in expressing their feelings and opinions. Also, knowledge of French society, culture, and heritage is enhanced in this level. This course prepares students for the DELF exam. Homework is assigned daily.
20 lessons are held per week (45 mins each). Students usually earn 1 – 2 credits per week. Transcript certificate awarded upon completing the course.
Group activities organized throughout the year for students. Schedule provided at orientation there. Excursions also provided,and may include trips to Nice, Monaco, Cannes, Marineland, Nautical Theme Park, or the Lerins Islands. Daily events and organized evenings may include: games, competitions, cabarets, casinos, shows, and themed activities. Free time is also available for doing some “own things” if desired.
Housing can be arranged in the following:
* Hotel bedrooms & Studio Apartments: AC, well equipped kitchen. Pool, common TV room, restaurant, and cafe…on premises of the hotel-club “Castel Arabel”. Can walk to school, and beaches. Cost $400 USD (approx) per week.
Pay housing there upon check-in. Credit cards accepted. Or you can add to CSA program total if you prefer. Meals taken at hotel restaurant, nearby places, and can cook own meals in studio apts.
* Studio Residence – School Studios: fully furnished, quiet studios at the “Le Chateau” campus. Only 9 available. Self service restaurant(lunch only)on premise. Easy walk to shops and beaches. Cost $400 USD (approx) per week.
Early request advised, if you want to stay here. Meals also cooked in studio, or taken at nearby places. Pay housing there upon check-in. Credit cards accepted. Or can add to CSA program total and pay in advance.
* French Host Family – close to school in the area. May need to use local bus back/forth. Host family can meet you at the Antibes station, or Nice airport. 2 meals daily included. Special diet can be arranged. Cost $400 (approx) per week.
Pay host family housing there upon check-in. Or you can add to the CSA program total and pay in advance.
Note: Computer internet access and Wi-Fi available in school, and studio – hotel housing.
NOTE: Can arrange own housing if you prefer.
DATES & FEES
* Can start on any Monday (arrive Sunday), except for absolute beginners.
* 20 hrs per week of classes (45 minutes per class).
* Placement test given upon arrival check-in or during the orientation.
REGULAR COURSE FEES: 20 hrs / wk
|2 weeks||$1495 USD|
|4 weeks||$1995 USD|
|6 weeks||$2495 USD|
|8 weeks||$2995 USD|
* Addtl week = $250 USD extra
* Possible discount for 6 weeks or more.
Open to all students and adults worldwide. Minimum age is 15.
French National Holidays – no classes. Christmas and New Years.
Arrival check-in on Sundays. Check-out on Saturdays.
Airport (Nice), or Antibes Train Station pick-up available.
Register Now - to get started.