Portuguese Language & Brazilian Culture in Sao Paulo
Intensive Portuguese Language & Brazil Culture
4 hrs per day / 20 hrs wk / 80 hrs month
Start any Monday – Minimum age 16 yrs
2 Weeks $995 / 4 Weeks: $1595 USD
Study Portuguese and Brazilian culture in the large city of Sao Paulo. Programs are offered year-around, and all levels are available: beginner – advanced. In addition, there are extra classes offered like: Cooking and Brazilian Dance.This program is popular among students and working adults from all over the world. Airport pick-up (escort) is included. Sao Paulo is a big, cosmopolitan city of over 18 million, with a vibrant mix of different people and cultures. Join us for a memorable experience!
The program in Sao Paulo is located in the upscale neighborhood of Jardins, just a few blocks away from Paulista Avenue – Sao Paulo’s financial center. Tree lined streets are full of restaurants, museums, shopping malls, cinemas, and nightclubs. Travel distance from accommodations is about 25 minutes by public transport. Sao Paulo is no different than any other large city, and staff there inform all students what areas to avoid. Getting there, most students fly directly into Sao Paulo.
Non-beginners can start any Monday.
Absolute beginners ( no previous instruction) can start the 1st and 3rd Monday or every month – confirm date with CSA
All students take a placement test upon arrival to determine level. Students are then placed in the proper level. All levels are offered: beginner, intermediate, advanced. There are 4 classes per day, 50 minutes each, Monday – Friday. Classes are held in the morning and afternoons. Small group of 4 – 8 students per class guarantees student-teacher interaction and involvement. All students receive a transcript (certificate) upon completing the course.
- Intensive Portuguese Language (weekly, monthly)
- All levels: beginner, intermediate, advanced.
- Small group classes of 4 – 8 students per group
- Offered year-around: January – December
- 4 classes of 50 minutes each daily, M-F.
- Extra courses available: Cooking, Brazilian Dance
- Non-beginners can start any Monday.
Levels- (Placement test upon arrival)
- Elementry # 1: Unable to speak the language. No prior language instruction.
- Elementry # 2: Some prior training. Able to speak simple sentences using present tense.
- Intermediate # 1: Able to speak more complex sentences using command form.
- Intermediate # 2: Able to handle predictable situations and beginning to speak in the simple past and future tenses.
- Intermediate # 3: Able to initiate, sustain and close simple conversations using past, present and future tenses.
- Intermediate # 4: Able to participate in conversations and express an opinion.
- Advanced # 1: Able to participate in conversations and discussions. Able to express and partially define an opinion; using “if” clauses.
- Advanced # 2: Able to participate in conversations and discussions. Able to defend and explain an opinion.
- Advanced # 3: Able to converse in the language with ease about a wide range of topics.
NOTE: Non-beginners can start on any Monday.
3 – 4 credits for 4 week program. 6 – 8 credits for 2 months (8 weeks). 9 – 10 credits for 3 months (Quarter). All students receive a transcript (certificate) upon completing the course. See “Academic Credit” section of website.
Yes…..financial aid can be used for this program. Have your school financial aid office e-mail us a “Consortium Agreement” to complete and return. CSA has no financial aid programs for students. CSA can only assist in helping students use the aid from their “home school” for this program…..through “Consortium Agreements”.
- Mini-courses in History, Business, Music, etc.
- Sao Paulo excursions are offered thru the week to local tourist sites.
- Sites may include: Embu das Artes, Mercado Municipal, Rua 25 de Marco, others.
Housing with local host family cost $275 per week. 2 meals daily included (breakfast & dinner). Single and double rooms available.
Host families are carefully selected, ensuring a clean and comfortable home. They have hosted foreign visitors before, and live in higher income neighborhoods nearby.
Options are available for hotels, pousadas (guest houses), and furnished apartments are available for extra cost, just let us know. Staff there can arrange it for you.
You can also arrange your own housing if you prefer, just let us know.
Dates and Fees
* Non-beginners can start any Monday. Minimum age is 16 yrs.
* Absolute beginners (no previous instruction) – usually start the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. Confirm with CSA.
* Intensive Portuguese language: 4 hrs per day / 20 hrs per week. All levels offered.
|FEES – Sao Paulo|
* Addtl week = $300 USD per week extra – housing not included.
Closed on: Jan 1, 25 / Mar 3, 4, 5 / Apr 18, 21 / May 1, Jun 19, 24
/ Jul 9 / Aug 27 / Sept 16 / Oct 15 / Nov 20 / Dec 5, 24, 25 /
Minimum age is 16. Passport and Visa required.
Plan on arriving 1 – 2 days prior to the starting date. If you want a staff person to meet you upon arrival at the Sao Paulo airport, please inform CSA in advance your flight arrival information. Airport pick-up will cost $100 USD extra. Add $100 to total cost if you want airport pick-up service. The staff escort person will meet you at the Sao Paolo airport and escort you to your housing and show you where you check-in for the program.
Register Now - to get started. Pay deposit to be confirmed. Early registration advised.